- 1 What is an Airless Paint Sprayer?
- 2 Advantages and Disadvantages of airless paint sprayer
- 3 How to choose the best rated airless paint sprayers for you
- 4 Where to buy a cheap airless paint sprayer?
- 5 Airless Paint sprayer reviews about three best rated airless paint sprayers available at amazon.com
- 6 How to use airless paint sprayer?
What is an Airless Paint Sprayer?
Principally, an airless paint sprayer pumps the paint via hose at a high pressure. Paint comes out through a small hole on the spray gun and this hole is covered with a nozzle that breaks the paint squarely to get a high-quality finish.
Notably, the high-pressure paint has the sufficient energy to overcome the resistance of fluid to flow. Paint flow rate is dependent on the size of nozzle tip and the pressure. The tip can also change the spray pattern of fan according to the requirement of job. Airless spray breaks up the fluid into small droplets with the help of high pressure without the use of compressed air. On the other hand, air spray system uses the compressed air into the fluid to break up the liquid.
Also, airless sprayers are usually driven by a hydraulic, pneumatic system or by an electric motor.They are especially used for painting large surface without any worry of overspray. Some airless sprayers may also run by air compressor. In general, this type of sprayers have enormous power and work at high pressure that allow you to do thick and uniform coating speedily, helping to reduce the requirement to coat the job many times.
In addition, airless sprayers are miraculous to reach at inaccessible cracks and to paint well the irregular surface. Even, you don’t need to correct the thickness of paint and can be operated with an average masking.
The airless paint sprayers come in various sizes. The small one is light in weight and handy which can be used by a novice even. And, the large airless paint sprayer is often a very best choice for by contractors with jobs that need to apply up to hundreds of gallons of paint.
That’s all about what an airless paint sprayer is, its operation principles and basic features. Not only these, in this writing I am also going to bring you reviews on the best airless paint sprayers of some branded company here based on this principle technology.
Advantages and Disadvantages of airless paint sprayer
There are various reasons explain why airless paint sprayers are preferred by the contractors and even by the home owners from small to large scale jobs, including:
- Economical– Home-owner can paint the jobs by themselves with little practice with these sprayers and by that way, labor cost is even reduced. For large jobs even, you don’t need to overlay the paint many times. Moreover, you also can easily get an airless paint sprayer with an affordable price from the online stores.
- Speed – Another big advantage is that these paint sprayers are much faster than a simple brush and roll painting style. Large airless paint sprayer pumps paint directly from the large container. Thus, large amount of work can be completed speedily with less labor.
- Quality – It can make even coating of paint on even irregular surfaces with the reach at any nook and corner. corner. With these products, you can get a consistent high quality finish even if you are not experienced in painting.
- Versatility– You can use paint of different viscosities with airless paint sprayers. This sprayer style can be used for interior or exterior jobs. Moreover, they are portable and you can change the pattern of spray with cap adjustment. By that way, this choice is so good for multipurpose applications from small scale to large scale jobs, best fitting for painting cabinets, doors and any woodwork.
- Thinning of Paint– As it can handle paint of different thicknesses, paint thinning is not compulsory. But you can thin it with the help of thinning chart according to the requirement of job.
There are few downsides of airless paint sprayers too that purchasers need to take into consideration. They are:
- Bad Use– It is possible that fine particles of fluid don’t stick to the surface. A large amount of paint goes in the air, where it can go and stick to everything nearby the job location. This is also known as overspray problem. That means twenty to forty percent of paint may get wasted depending on the application. Thus it is quite risky for the nearby plants or furniture if not masked. But, it is better than air paint sprayers as you can control the spray more efficiently.
- Cleaning and Maintenance– It requires effort and time to clean up the pump, hose, filter and spray gun of the airless paint sprayer. Also, you may need to replace the filter periodically. If you are using oil based paints, you need to clean up it with mineral spirits while water based paint can be easily cleaned with the help of soapy water.
How to choose the best rated airless paint sprayers for you
When you look for airless paint sprayers, you don’t just need to look only for price. No doubt, there are some products in the market which may cause your money down the drain. So, you need to purchase the branded airless paint sprayer best fitted for you from reliable sources.
Considering the task is really necessary to decide on which type of airless paint sprayer is best for you. For Instance, handheld paint sprayer is a good option for the painting the furniture, window or any woodworks while large horse power airless paint sprayer may be required to paint the large building.
Also, don’t forget to check out the accessories available with the airless paint sprayers. You may need to purchase them later. Drop clothes and waterproof clothes are necessary to do the painting job. An order of painter’s tape helps you to resolve the issue of overspray.
About the cost, if you want to use the sprayer frequently especially for commercial or residential purpose, you can go for higher price. There are definitely some affordable options also for airless paint sprayers in case you don’t want to purchase the item for frequent uses. Importantly, you also have to look the features of sprayer according to the requirement. You will get the reviews of the best airless paint sprayers here for the same.
The noticeable things that you like to carefully consider before making a final purchase are:
- Project Requirements.
- Ease of use.
- Quality of paint (Uniform Coating).
- Thickness of Paint allowed.
- Scale of Job handled: Large, Medium or Small.
- Volume of basin/container.
- Nozzle size.
- Risk Involved (due to high pressure).
- Power source (Hydraulic, electric, pneumatic, air compressor, etc.).
- Chassis or frame of vehicle required for power source.
- Advanced Features such as Pressure Sensor, Digital Control (Motor speed varies with demand), etc.
- Airless Paint sprayer reviews.
It is imperative for you to become familiar with the inside out of every type of airless paint sprayer so as to make bang of your bucks. For the same reason, here you will get the best rated airless paint sprayers reviews and directions to buy the product from a reliable and economical source. Even after making a purchase you need to know the handling and usage procedure to get the best shot out of it. To this end, you just need to go to the section “how to use the airless paint sprayers?”
Where to buy a cheap airless paint sprayer?
Do you make a decision to do shopping for an airless paint sprayer? If yes, will you go to local market? Well, there is another wonderful way to buy the cheaper but branded airless paint sprayers i.e. to shop online.
No doubt, local stores can provide you instant gratification and there is no shipping cost involved. But, online stores like Amazon, eBay etc provide the consumer with pictures, videos and reviews about the product from a large network with no geographical boundary which you will not be able to get locally. Moreover, you can even chat or speak with the experts to get their opinion. All of these advantages will allow you to gauge the pros and cons of product and make more informed decision. Impressively you can get the product at a cheaper rate due to low cost for warehouse compared to local storage involved.
So, if you have decided to buy the airless paint sprayer online through the site like amazon.com, then you can sort them according to the budget and different features required. Here are the reviews on the best airless paint sprayers accessible at amazon.com now.
Airless Paint sprayer reviews about three best rated airless paint sprayers available at amazon.com
Here you will get precious airless paint sprayer reviews about the three different models accessible at amazon.com at this point of time. I personally believe that they stand at the good stead of the other paint sprayers available in market with different features according to different needs of job.
Certainly, those reviews will help you make an educated and informed decision before buying a particular paint sprayer for you and thus saves your lots of time, effort and money. I’ve taken greatest care to bring to light the most important features, but you may be up to even more aspects of the product. In that case, you can see the complete details related to that particular model at amazon.com.
The Graco Magnum 26815 Pro X7 comes with a vehicle that helps to move the sprayer easily from one place to other. It also has pump filter which plays important role in removing the unwanted dirt or debris.
Generally, this model is designed for contractor or maintenance person who require using the paint sprayer on the regular basis. It fits best for interior or exterior jobs, large buildings, houses, fences etc which covers large area.
- Delivery Rate: 0.34 gallons per minute.
- Hose Length: 150 Feet (Max.).
- Pressure: 3000 PSI (pounds per square inch).
- Power Source: Electric DC Motor (560 W).
- Tip Size: 0.017 Inches (Max.).
- SG3 Gun
- Suction draw directly from one to five gallon container.
- Absolute control for pressure.
- Power flush cleaning facility.
- Durable and Lightweight.
HomeRight Pro 2800 can paint indoor or outdoor quickly that fits best for interior walls, fences and decks. This sprayer can be used by contractors for robust painting and homeowner with several projects may also want to use this model from brand name of HomeRight. One of vey big pros of this is the stronger legs for great stability.
Titan Advantage 100 Reconditioned Unit can handle 150 gallons of paint before any reconditioning or repairing of parts. You can recondition it with new parts such as hose, gun, tip and suction part if any one of them broke down.
With all features included in the product, it is ideal for entry level contractors or large property managers who have several projects in hand every year. Very notably, this one is a standing model of airless paint sprayers that cost less than a cart model and even use less space for storage.
- Delivery Rate: 0.29 gallons per minute.
- Pressure: 2800 PSI (Max.)
- Hose Length: 25 Feet.
- Tip Size: 0.0015 (Max.)
- Power Source: Motor (373 W).
- Lightweight spray gun.
- Suction draws the paint from 1 to 5 gallons of container.
- Reversible dual tip (TR2)
- Color: Silver and Red.
How to use airless paint sprayer?
Now if you already have the best airless paint sprayer in hand and you are ready to use it, you should check up essential tips for using it effectively. You also need to know the complete list of products during the painting.
Although airless paint sprayers come in various configurations and designs, all have the same usual control and features. Here are the some general steps of using any airless paint sprayer.
- Read the operating Manual and go for the safety precautions according to it. Mask yourself and the nearby things to protect them from being stuck the paint if painting inside. If you paint outside, spray can go up to 20 feet. So, you need to cover all landscaping, fences, cars, etc.
- Practice with the water to become comfortable with the sprayer if you are just a novice. Follow the procedure as given in manual using water.
- Now fill the container with the paint. Install the necessary part such as gun, hose, spray tip and spray guard according to the manual.
- Set the pressure using the control knob and trigger the spray gun. You can start with low pressure setting.
- Start moving your hand keeping the distance around 10 inches from the surface. Release the trigger to stop the painting intermittently. You can bend your hand slightly at the start and end of stroke for smooth finishing. Also you can overlap half stroke to ensure the uniformity.
- Direct the spray gun and the tip direct to the corner parts.
- Clean up the sprayer in the right way after you finish painting.
Hopefully, I’ve assisted you by offering the valuable information regarding the airless paint sprayer reviews. But, you need to shop around the online stores and make comparison among the airless paint sprayers according to your need and budget in order to make a great buy.
Best HVLP Paint Sprayers Reviews
Wagner Paint Sprayer Reviews
Incoming search terms:
- airless paint gun parts details with diagram
- drawings of paint guns
- graco paint sprayer reviews