- 1 What is an HVLP Paint Sprayer?
- 2 Advantages and Disadvantages of HVLP paint sprayer
- 3 How to choose the best rated HVLP-paint sprayers for you
- 3.1 Where to buy a cheap HVLP paint sprayer?
- 3.2 How to use HVLP paint sprayer?
- 3.3 Three best rated HVLP paint sprayers reviews available at amazon.com
What is an HVLP Paint Sprayer?
An HVLP paint sprayer perks up the conventional paint sprayers with slight modification based on high volume and low pressure technology.
Basically, conventional paint sprayer uses a compressor to supply the high pressure for the painting task. Although high pressure atomizes the spray finely, there is a great problem of overspray with these sprayers, causing wastage of paint and makes harmful effects on the nearby environment.
On the other hand, spray gun of high volume, low pressure paint sprayers works at low pressure with the flow rate controlled by regulator. This increases the transfer efficiency for paint and thus saves the large amount of paint and even not affects the environment adversely.
And in this article today, we are going to bring you important reviews of the best HVLP paint sprayers for the vast range of applications. But first, you can go to the following video and have a look at this to know more about the HVLP paint sprayers.
Advantages and Disadvantages of HVLP paint sprayer
The major impressive advantages of HVLP paint sprayers are enumerated below:
- Transfer Efficiency: Low pressure causes less viscosity of the particles and by that way, fog is not developed easily. Thus, HVLP paint sprayers have enhanced transfer efficiency as compared to the conventional high pressure technology.
- Safety: As it is based on high volume and low pressure technology, there is less likelihood of accident due to injection of paint. Moreover, the amount of paint wasted also gets significantly reduced.
- Maintenance: HVLP paint sprayer requires less maintenance due to low pressure as compared to conventional or airless spray systems.
- Control: There is an attached regulator for controlling the pressure of the fluid. Fan size can even be controlled to control the rate of flow.
- Eco-Friendly: As the amount of paint wasted is less as compared to the earlier paint sprayers, this product has achieved wide acceptance all over the world due to eco-friendliness.
Even though having these major advantages, there are few negative aspects of this type of paint sprayers too which are listed below:
- Speed of Painting: As the pressure is less, less, HVLP paint sprayer’s painting speed gets affected a bit due to lower atomization especially when high viscosity fluid is used. The pace of painting is less as compared to its counterpart paint sprayers such as air sprayers and airless paint sprayers.
- Low Viscous Material: HVLP paint sprayers are not a good option for material having high viscosity due to low pressure. Heating the fluid with the circulating paint stove lower down the viscosity of the paint without adding up the poisonous thinners.
How to choose the best rated HVLP-paint sprayers for you
After looking the pros and cons of HVLP paint sprayers, now it becomes easier to pick a particular HVLP paint sprayer according to the requirements of the job. Although this type of product can reduce the overspray, it can’t handle the big projects for the low speed. So, it fit best for do-it-yourself projects like doors, fences, shelves, furniture and fittings.
Different costs of paint sprayers feature dissimilar capacity and quality of them. So, to make things easier for you, I am so leased to give you necessary directions here so that you can select the particular HVLP paint sprayers according to the features of paint sprayer that meet the requirements of your job. By that way, you also can save on purchase of the paint sprayer’s items.
Also, here we have come to aid you even by providing the reviews of best HVLP paint sprayers, including Earlex HV 5500, Campbell HV 2002 and Black & Decker BDPH400. Those useful reviews are available at Amazon.com and they will assuredly help you to pick the particular one according to your need.
Noticeably, Earlex HV 5500 has push and click spray control whereas the Black & Decker BDPH400 contains smart select tip which can change the pattern with rotation. This Black & Decker comes at very cheap price of almost $100 while the Earlex HV 5500 and Campbell HV 2200 price at nearly $250.
Where to buy a cheap HVLP paint sprayer?
The superb way to compare and purchase the best rated and affordable paint sprayer is to go to online stores such as amazon and eBay. It will offer you the inclusive reviews and useful feedbacks from worldwide consumers and help you to select the particular HVLP sprayer according to your need.
How to use HVLP paint sprayer?
There are some basic issues related to HVLP paint sprayers that you need to know before starting to use these products. There is a need of adequate air supply and proper adjustable gun choice so as to break the paint into fine particles. You can also add the paint solvent in suitable ratio so as to have proper air flow at the tip of gun. And, too much air flow can cause overspray and less flow can cause coarse spray patterns. So, don’t forget to read the instruction manual carefully before starting the job for the best ways of using your machine.
To get ready to paint with an HVLP paint sprayer, you just need to follow those following steps. Firstly, you fill the material in a container but do not fill up to brim of the container. Then, attach the lid of the cup and trigger the knob to adjust the pressure.
Check if the finish is not too dry or wet. You can adjust the dryness by using the adjustable knob. Keep the sprayer perpendicular and at safe distance. You can start with water instead of paint if you are just a novice. Now, just enjoy the painting with a constant speed and make ¾th overlap to earlier strokes each time.
Three best rated HVLP paint sprayers reviews available at amazon.com
Here you will get valuable HVLP paint sprayer reviews about the three different models available at amazon.com. I individually believe that they stand at the top position as compared to other competitive counterparts due to its affordability and included great features.
Earlex HV5500 has a push and click three pattern changing system. You can get it at an affordable rate for the medium and small size jobs. It fits best for applications like painting the interior and exterior of the building within limited time. So, you need not to worry and take a toll to paint the walls as this model from Earlex is a perfect choice to do coating of the oil or water based products. Moreover, it also includes an on-board storage system and a volume dial to have the precision control over the job.
- Great control with minimum overspray.
- Light in weight.
- Proficient gun for crucial control.
- Flexible push and click three spray pattern system
- Only 2.0mm needle.
- Handle for easy movement.
Campbell Hausfeld Paint sprayer is a portable HVLP model. One of biggest advantages of this item is that it can handle paints of different viscosity. It is also safer than other options for not having compressor inside. No condensation can happen in the air hose pipe as it gives warm blow of air inside. You can get a fine finishing over the fixtures and furniture’s without overspray when using this sprayer.
- 2-stage turbine.
- No compressor.
- Flow rate: 54CFM.
- Pressure: 4 PSI
- Robust construction.
- Adjustable metal spray pattern.
- Adjustable metal air flow.
Black and Decker smart select HVLP sprayer has a user friendly pattern adjustment with the help of spray tip. Paint container can be easily refilled without dislodging it from the sprayer. It fits best for thin paints and work four times faster than a conventional painting style of brush and roller.
- Smart select spray tip. Just rotate the tip to set either round, horizontal or vertical spray pattern.
- 20 feet air hose for easy reach.
- Easy refill container for faster operation without dislodging it from the sprayer.
- Flow control gauge.
Picking an Airless Paint Sprayer and Reviews on the Best Ones
Wagner Paint Sprayer Reviews – Leading Brand for Paint Sprayers
Incoming search terms:
- high volume spray