Using an airless paint sprayer will be very ideal not only to save time but also effort in painting job. It has always been very ideal for painting job as it has lots of advantages to give on the user especially for doing large projects. They are not also required when small areas will only be done because the prep time is enough. If ever you have handled large task for painting, you always have to know how to use and clean airless paint sprayers. The following video is for those who do not like to read:
Airless Sprayer Applications
For applying airless paint sprayer, there are some steps or techniques that are being done by the operator in order to get the desired result of doing large task of painting jobs. Here are the operator techniques for a successful airless paint spray.
- Gun Position – This position simply holds the airless paint spray gun with a comfortable grip. Use both your index and middle fingers in order to activate the spray gun. It is a must for the gun to be on a natural extension of the operator’s arm.
- Body Position – There are no set of rules for the body position but here is some recommended position for you to follow in doing the application for airless paint spray. When you are already facing the wall or any material that you are going to paint, move your legs a little wider. Pull your legs opposite with the spray gun slightly. Because of that, the whip hose will allow operator to have more movement during the spray application.
- Hose Position – simply hold the gun with your one hand and on the other hand will be the fluid hose. As simple as that and you can already prepared for the application of airless paint spray. It is always very easy to do the steps for application as long as you know how to make it successfully with simple steps.
Safety when using airless paint spray
It is always important for every airless paint spray operator to know the safety procedures to do the painting job without experiencing unwanted causes of danger that airless paint spray like fire or explosion. Prevention is always the best way for you to remove any fear of getting causes of using airless paint spray effects to you. Here are prevention guide that you may acquire:
- Use airless paint spray only to a well- ventilated area.
- Keep away those flammable things or unplug ignition sources like electric appliances, stoves, furnaces, stoves, water heaters and more.
- Avoid static sparking.
- Do not forget to wear glasses for safe airless sprayer applications.
- Wear respirator especially in using a toxic or harmful paint.
- Read manuals of the equipment before starting with Airless sprayer applications.
By following these simple safety precautions, you will not just get your desired result for your job of applying airless paint spray but you are also going to make your job in a very safe way.
Cleaning Procedure for An Airless Paint Sprayer
Using Airless Paint Sprayer also requires the operator to use a certain procedures for keeping the whole equipment always clean and functional. If you really want to have such kind of idea, always get the right procedure here are the two types of Airless Paint Sprayer together with some of the cleaning procedure it has to maintain by the operator.
Diaphragm Airless Sprayer Cleaning Procedure
- After using Diaphragm paint sprayer, clean the sprayer. Simply shut off the sprayer.
- Relieve pressure to airless sprayer through opening its prime valve.
- Set activate safety lock on and gun airless sprayer in order to get lock position.
- Remove the tip of airless spray and soak it into the water clean it with the recommended product by the paint manufacturer.
- Put into the container of solvent the used sump hose and for the paints that are water based, use water. Also, if you have used an oil paint, use the solvent that are being recommended by the manufacturer of paint.
- Put prime hose on the other container.
- Increase the pressure of spryer by turning pressure control until the water or solvent already flow into the prime hose. Let it continue form three to four minutes until the used water or solvent is already clear.
- Prevent static spark by firmly holding the Airless Paint Sprayer gun into metal container.
- Speed up cleaning through increasing pressure into the sprayer. Hold tightly the nozzle of Airless Paint Sprayer gun after you put it into the water or the solvent so that there is no splashing that will happen.
- Do the final flush of water.
Electric Piston Airless Sprayer Cleaning Procedure
- First step shut down the airless paint sprayer.
- Second, release pressure into the airless paint sprayer by activating the spray gun pressure get low down to 550 psi. Then use drain valve through flicking lever into a prime position. This procedure will release all pressure from the entire system. Remember that drain valve must be used only when the pressure has all been released through handgun airless paint spray. If ever that you have dumped full pressure through drain valve, expect that there will be the shorter life span that your airless paint spray may have.
- Set activate safety lock on handgun airless sprayer to lock position.
- Take away the tip of airless sprayer and soak it into solvent or water, depending upon the appropriate liquid to be used when cleaning the air paint spray.
- Put into a container of solvent the pickup tube. Use water for paints that are water based. Oil paint also requires solvent but it depends upon the correct one by the recommendations.
- Put prime hose into a separate container.
- Switch on sprayer then increase pressure by turning the control into clockwise direction until the water is clear already. Let it continue form three to four minutes and close prime valve.
- You may also quickly do the process for cleaning the Airless Paint Sprayer by simply increasing the pressure. Hold nozzle of Airless Paint Sprayer gun under water or solvent to avoid any splashing.
- Do the last flushing with the use of water.
These are very simple steps for having application, safety use and cleaning procedure for your Airless Paint Sprayer. Have these ways for using an Airless Paint Sprayer when you want to successfully do your job for painting.