Ladders are probably the most sensible and practical option if you are doing tasks that require climbing and reaching high places. Although they are not usually our first choice as there are other things that can be substituted with ladders like chairs and tables, using ladders can make your task easier without the risk of endangering yourself.
When To Use Ladders?
Use ladders when your task requires you a tool or equipment that will give you a higher level of fall protection. The best time to use them is when you need to work on something or reach something that is 2 feet above your head already. If your task requires you to stay at the top for more than 1 minute like when you are changing the bulbs or cleaning the top of your cabinets, ladders are your best options rather than make shift ladders.
When Painting The House
Whether you are applying fresh paint or repainting a house, one of the most essential tools that you should have are ladders. Most people think that using ladders when painting hard to reach walls or part of the house can be pretty scary but it is actually a lot safer than using improvised scaffoldings.
Painting at heights is never easy that’s why you need to at least be prepared with having a ladder in handy. If you don’t own any ladder, make sure that you purchase a new one since you are going to work with paint. Do not just borrow old ladders as this can be very unsafe because you will be staying on it for a longer period of time as compared to other tasks wherein you are already done after a few minutes.
The ladder that you should be using needs to be working properly which means it doesn’t tilt easily, there are no annoying sounds when you make a move while using it, and they are robust enough that you can maneuver safely.
The best type of ladder than you can use when painting a house are those ladders that you can extend. This means that you will be using the same ladder even if you paint higher. Another type of ladder that you can use for painting are the type of ladders with thick bases for you to be able to do your job without worrying that the ladder might slide with every move.
Image source: www.oldhouseonline.com
When Doing Carpentry Works
One of the most valuable equipment for most carpenters is their ladders. Carpenters works above the ground most of the time which is why they usually invest in high quality ladders or even make a robust one themselves. Although working on ladders can be a very daunting task for most carpenters, risks a greatly reduced if they followed the safety procedures that will prevent them from falling and getting injuries.
Carpenters have different choices when it comes to the type of ladders that they want to use. However, it is best if they choose a ladder that passed all the OSHA requirements to ensure their safety. If possible, carpenters must use ladders made from metals and extremely hard wood all the time. Ladders made from plastic are very hard to trust and the most common cause of accidents involving carpenters.
Image source: www.aconcordcarpenter.com
When Cleaning The Roof
Most of us clean our roofs ourselves and some call the professionals for help. Cleaning the roof is also a dangerous task that requires extra safety measures. That being said, you don’t just go to the roof by climbing a tree that reaches the top of your house or use stack of things high enough for you to reach the roof.
Either you or a professional, a high quality ladder must be your equipment to climb your roof. Since you are going to bring cleaning materials to get rid of leaves and foreign objects especially in your gutter, the ladder that you should use should be the type that can handle more than the weight of one person.
The perfect types of ladders for this type of task are twin steps ladders and multipurpose ladders. Twin step ladders have two parts: one side is the ladder itself while the other is the support. Twin steps ladders offer the greatest support that you need while climbing to the roof. Multipurpose ladders on the other hand are ladder with two or more functions which you can use to temporarily place some of the tools that you are going to use for cleaning the roof.
Image source: mrsparkleanservices.blogspot.com
Uses Of Ladders At Home
- When making some decorations – Ladders are very essential to everyone who frequently tackles with decorating their homes. Whether you are just going to hang your newly bought painting, or decorating the Christmas tree, or even adjusting your picture frames that you have affixed in the walls, a ladder can give you the best support while climbing and as you do your home projects.
- When placing hanging plants indoors –Hanging plants make every home lovely and lively. Be sure to use a ladder so you can safely place your indoor plants without worrying about falling.
- When storing away stuffs –When the visitors are gone, it’s time to store away the extra Chinas that you brought out. These stuffs are usually stored at the highest shelves of our cupboards. Use a ladder so you can have all the support that you need when storing away your precious and fragile Chinas.
- When cleaning the house –Ladders are very essential for homeowners especially when it’s time to clean the house. Cobwebs, molds, and mildews can form anywhere including hard to reach places and the best equipment for you to use to remove these eyesores inside your home are ladders.
- When fixing or changing the bulb – Most of us have learned the proper way to fix and change a bulb and to accomplish this safely and without falling is with the help of a reliable ladder. You’ll be up there working and twisting your neck and the least thing that you should be worrying about is falling because your make shift ladder can’t properly support your weight.
Incoming search terms:
- uses of ladder
- use of wooden ladders in process units
- WHAT IS THE USES OF A LADDER?